Ramadhan is around the corner and I know how difficult it is to soothe your palette after a whole day of fasting. You want everything you see on your instagram feed and you buy every single fried delicacy you see at the Ramadhan bazaar. Truth is, you will end up weighing more after Ramadhan, thanks to the endless food choices available.
Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 7 Surah Aaraaf verse 31:
O children of Adam! Attend to your embellishments at every time of prayer, and eat and drink and be not extravagant; surely He does not love the extravagant.
On another note, be conscious to eat healthy while fasting. We only get to eat during the night but that doesn’t mean stuffing ourselves silly with junk. Here is one of my favorite salad recipes that will refresh your mind the minute it is time to break fast.
Honey Apple Salad with Feta Cheese
250g mixed salad (choose the ones with a mix of greens and reds)
1 gala apple
250g feta cheese
200g cherry tomatoes on the vine
Juice of one lemon
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons honey
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a mason or jam jar.
2. Cover with lid and shake the jar till everything combines well. Set aside.
3. In a big bowl, pour all the contents of your salad mix.
4. Cut apple into half, then slice them thinly. Add into the big bowl of salads.
5. Pour the salad dressing into the bowl of greens and mix them well.
6. Cut feta cheese into cubes.
7. Plate the salad on a big plate or bowl, and serve as suggested.
With that, enjoy eating more greens and have a blessed Ramadhan ahead!